DESIGN Canberra 2017 not to be missed!
With loads of great architecture on show, and so many great architecture-related events to attend, this year’s DESIGN Canberra Festival in November is not be missed.
DESIGN Canberra celebrates and promotes Canberra as a global city of design. It is about much more than just architecture. Throughout November 2017, over 100 events, exhibitions, talks, tours, activations, markets, collaborations, artist studios and open homes will be showcased, transforming the nation’s capital into a new platform for the best in design. The festival, now in its fourth year, is for all interests and ages and most events are free.
Light House is involved in five events in 2017:
- The Least House Necessary workshop on the 11th
- Living Rooms Week 1 – Inner South on the 12th (pop-up exhibitions by local artists with works on sale at Captain Cook Crescent, Narrabundah)
- Living Rooms Week 2 – Women in Design on the 19th (pop-up exhibitions by local artists with works on sale at 55 Peter Cullen Way, Wright)
- The Solar House Day open house on the 25th (55 Peter Cullen Way, Wright)
- Architecture Studio Open Day also on the 25th (featuring art and live music by past and present clients and, of course, some of our own work)
Visit our Director/Scientist Jenny at her multi-award-winning home on the mornings of the 19th or 25th and/or visit our terrific office/studio space above the Fyshwick Markets on the 25th.
NEWS FLASH - if you love design, DESIGN Canberra would love your help. There is a call out for volunteers for a range of flexible, satisfying and creative roles. Wonderful opportunity to get involved!